Operating a motorcycle takes different skills than driving a car; however, the laws of the road apply to every driver just the same. A combination of consistent education, regard for traffic laws and basic common sense can go a long way in helping reduce the amount of fatalities involved in motorcycle accidents on a yearly basis.
We encourage you to follow these tips to ensure safe riding:
- Always wear a helmet with a face shield or protection eye wear
- Wear appropriate outer gear
- Follow traffic rules
- Ride defensively
- Keep your riding skills honed through education
- Be awake and ride sober
- Check tires for any sign of wear and tear
- Test for high and low beams
- Test out the horn
- Clean and adjust all mirrors
- Test front and rear brakes
- Check hydraulic and coolant fluids and look for signs of oil or gas leaks
It is also of critical importance that motorcycle riders have the proper levels of insurance to protect them on the open road. Thorp & Trainer Insurance can design a customized motorcycle insurance policy to safeguard both you and your ride. Call us today to learn more.