- 8 ounces uncooked vermicelli or angel hair pasta
- 2 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 cups multicolored cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup thinly sliced fresh basil, divided
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 12 ounces peeled and deveined tail-on raw large shrimp
- 2 lemons
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain, reserving 1 cup cooking liquid.
- Cook prosciutto and 2 tablespoons oil in a large skillet over medium-high, stirring often, until prosciutto is crisp, 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer prosciutto to paper towels to drain. Add garlic to pan; cook, stirring often, until golden, 1 to 2 minutes. Add tomatoes, 1/4 cup basil, salt, and red pepper. Cook until tomatoes begin to release their juices, about 4 minutes. Add shrimp; cook until opaque, 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in up to 1 cup reserved cooking liquid to thin sauce to desired consistency.
- Halve 1 lemon; squeeze juice from both halves into sauce. Stir in pasta and remaining 2 tablespoons oil. Cut remaining lemon into wedges. Divide pasta evenly among 4 plates; top with prosciutto and remaining 1/4 cup basil. Serve with lemon wedges.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
434 calories; fat 17g; saturated fat 3g; protein 24g; carbohydrates 48g; fiber 3g; sugars 5g; sodium 586mg.