- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 3 pounds baked potatoes, precooked
- 8 ounces shredded sharp white cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 slices thick cut bacon, precooked and crumbled
- 3 ounces shredded mild cheddar cheese
- chopped chives
- Warm a large stock pot over medium high heat. Add butter to pot. Once butter starts to melt, whisk in flour.
- Slowly and gradually pour in chicken stock, while whisking continuously. Continue whisking as you incorporate sour cream and cream cheese. Whisk until mixture comes together.
- Slice baked potatoes in half and scoop out the flesh, then add it to the pot.
- Using a potato masher or wooden spoon, smash the potatoes until desired consistency is reached. I like my soup kind of chunky.
Add sharp cheddar cheese, salt and pepper and stir until cheese is melted.
- Serve and enjoy!