- 2 pounds deveined uncooked med- large shrimp
- ½ c canola oil
- ¼ c fresh squeezed lime juice w/ zest from one lime
- ¼ c packed light brown sugar
- ¼ c rice wine vinegar
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- 3 cloves garlic, grated
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- ¼ c fresh chopped basil
- 1 tsp salt
- Whisk all ingredients together except the shrimp.
- Marinate shrimp for 30 minutes.
- Thread shrimp onto kabob skewers, reserve marinade.
- Grill shrimp over high heat for about 7-10 minutes, flipping halfway through (adjust cook time based on size of shrimp. Use remaining dressing to baste shrimp while they cook.